What Information Do We Hold?
We collect details from you when you request or purchase a product, service, offers or news from us from our website, emails, telephone conversations, and written and verbal communication. The personal information we collect about you are as follows:
- Postal address, email address, telephone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- A history of your purchases of products and services, copies of photographs of relevant items and documents.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We will use the personal information gathered in our normal course of business primarily to understand your needs and provide the products, services, offers or news you have requested, and also for administration purposes:
- To process any orders you make
- Provide the goods or services requested
- To confirm identification when you contact us
- To keep you informed of any news, special offers or promotions that we believe might be of particular interest to you
- To communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- For statistical analysis, including automated techniques
- For record-keeping purposes
- To track activity on our website
- To improve and monitor our service to you
- For the prevention of crime and fraud
- We may periodically send promotional emails or letters about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the address/es which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
We may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax for these purposes.
Disclosure To 3rd Parties
In order to provide our products and services, we may need to pass information on to our agents and sub-contractors or appoint other organisations to carry out some of the processing activities on our behalf, such as mailing houses.
Transfer Of Information Outside The European Economic Area
We may need to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to provide you with the services and products you require.
Some of these countries may not have laws that protect privacy rights as extensively as in the European Union. If we do transfer your personal information to other territories, we will take proper steps to ensure that your information is protected.
The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers for the purposes specified above.
Protecting Your Information
We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information: eg firewalls, browser certification technology, encryption, limited access, use of passwords.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
What To Do If You Don't Want To Receive Details Or Offers From Us?
If you do not wish to receive marketing, promotions or news from us, you can opt-out at any time by unsubscribing from our emails using the footer link therein, returning mail to us with the OPT OUT check box ticked, emailing email@example.com via phone 01189 590 790.
Please note that you may change your mind at any time by contacting us by any of the above methods.
Changing / Deleting Your Information
If you believe that we are storing details relating to you that are incorrect then please update them on your Email profile page via our emails using the footer link therein or a emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, writing to us at 25, King St Reading RG1 2HE, or via phone 01189 590 790.
You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
If you would like to have all your records deleted, please contact us.
Selling Your Data
We do not sell your data to third parties.
A hard copy of the policy is available from us – you can request it by emailing email@example.com, writing to us at 25, King St Reading RG1 2HE, or via phone 01189 590 790.
Any revised policy will apply only to data collected after the new policy comes into effect.
Your Rights To Access and Conset
You have a right to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. There will be a charge of £10 towards the cost of administration.
To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold on you you can request it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, writing to us at 25, King St Reading RG1 2HE, or via phone 01189 590 790.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
We use CCTV in the shop in order to:
- Stop, deter and identify crime
- Catch and prosecute offenders, and provide evidence to relevant authorities
- Give our staff a safe place to work
- monitor operational and safety related incidents
You have the right to make a Subject Access Request for CCTV images of yourself and to ask for a copy of them. We are entitled by law to charge an administrative fee for this, £10, and you will need to assist us in establishing your identity as the person in any pictures and assist us in finding the images in our system.
Such requests should be directed to us at email@example.com or via post at 25 King St Reading Rg1 2HE and be marked 'Subject Access Request - CCTV'
We reserve the right to not disclose information where appropriate by the Data Protection Act and we will only retain CCTV images for a reasonable period or as long as is required by law. In certain circumstances we may need to disclose CCTV images for legal reasons. When this is done there is a requirement for the organisation that has received the images to adhere to the Data Protection Act.